Thursday 20 June 2024

Binfire

We’re away on holiday Dahn Saarf next week, so don’t expect another Tale of Chateau Midden until next month.
It must have been another cold wet June…
From Facebook Archives
20 June 2014 at 19:42
Ferretfingers insists on lighting a fire (he know how to do it all now, including unlocking the garage to get wood out) whilst I'm hoovering.
It's very spitty wood and as I'm hoovering the hearthrug I notice smoke coming out of the hoover.  
Quickly remove bag.
Notice smouldering spot ... 
I've sucked up whatever the fire spat out.
Throw bag in bin.
Fit new one.
Continue hoovering.   
When I go out to get the washing in there's Thunderthighs peering into the bin through rising smoking. 
Oh yes ... it has continued to smoulder.   
Two buckets of water later, and a poke around with an old mop-shank to split it all up, and what passes for normality resumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment