Sunday 12 May 2024

Cat Tales #41 Language!

 

There is only one swear word used in this blog, but it is used frequently and in an imaginative variety of forms.
This is a day early but:-
1 I’m busy tomorrow
2 Thunderthighs and I laughed until the tears ran down our legs reading it a couple of days ago.

From Facebook Archives

14 May 2023

We pull into the drive after a pleasant Sunday morning trip to the Quayside market and the first thing we see is Teddycat (aka The Gingergit) stalking down the drive with Hershey (the nice-but-dim Burmese) creeping along behind him.  

Thunderthighs opens the front door; Hershey tries to get in and Teddy manages to. Hershey is encouraged to go to his own home.
Teddy goes into the kitchen.
There is an explosion of swearing along the lines of "F*ckin'ell cat…F*cking cat's f*cking bit me on me f*cking arm... F*CKER!" ... and a sound of splashing.
Discover Fester rinsing the back of his upper arm under the tap.
"Fetch me a plaster Thunderthighs that f*cking cat's f*cking bit me!"
Thunderthighs gets the box of plasters out of the drawer and removes one.
"That's no f*cking use, my arm's still f*cking wet, I've got to f*cking dry it".
At which point he grabs the nearest, less than clean, teatowel and starts scrubbing at his clean arm.
I get a clean, dry, ironed teatowel (yes I iron teatowels, sue me) and take over.
"Feed that f*cker Thunderthighs.  I'm not going to.  It f*cking bit me."
I take the cover off the plaster.
"That's no f*cking use, my arm's still f*cking wet, I can f*cking feel it."
I rub again with "It is dry, I can see what I'm doing."
"How many teeth marks are there?"
"None, it's a scratch."
Less than half an inch long.

Apparently "there weren't that many f*ckins" and "it felt like a lot of holes"

In other news ... yesterday afternoon I was out in the back garden and heard the lad from No17 calling "Hershey."

"He's over here ... he's almost always over here ... usually in the kitchen finishing off the food our cats leave." 
I didn't tell him some soft get actually puts more food down for him. 
"Oh.  That's ok.  He never eats what I put down for him.  I did wonder."
 I don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment