Friday 17 May 2024

Volunteer

I felt so lousy on Tuesday morning I did a lateral flow test and yes, I have the lurgie.

I have spent most of the days since attempting to rest and leaving everything to the men in the house.
Fester had to take Ferretfingers to and from the Farm on the bus which involved climbing out of the Ouseburn valley twice in one day.  He took him out again on Wednesday. 
Yesterday he proceeded to take to his/our bed.
Which is why I got the recliner out, and a blanket, and have spent most of the past two days recumbent in the garden reading and watching the birds.
I’m still feeling pretty grotty, but have got through three of the books I've been meaning to read for ages.
God only know whether Fester has/had the lurgie or not; but he's back to what passes for normal.

Friday mornings usually find me at LDNE helping with the knit’n’natter group for people over fifty, the eldest is 84  There are up to seven ladies with differing degrees of needlework skill but huge amounts of character. Obviously I didn’t go today.  I prepared this little gem earlier this week but didn’t have the hwyl to get up and do.

From Facebook Archives

15 May 2023
I forgot to note this brilliant moment at last week's knit'n'natter.
Mrs Workyticket (for the umpteenth time) "You can take us but you cannat leave us."
Her pal Mrs Kay "Aye ... and I'd be afraid to buy a raffle ticket in case I won you back."
At which I fell about laughing.
Then Miss Holly starts talking about the future, stops and says to me 
"Oh, but you won't still be working here then."
"I don't work here now."
"What?"
"I'm a volunteer."
"You mean you don't get paid to do this?"
"No. I'm not staff.  I do this for nothing.  I'm a volunteer.  So's Carrie."
The ladies were obviously a little surprised by this.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment