Saturday 11 May 2024

Cold Caller Novelty

From Facebook Archives

11 May 2022 at 13.13
Well here's a new one.
The landline phone rings - I pick up - long satellite delay - then an oriental lady
"Hello, am I speaking to the owner?"
"Who are you?"
"I am calling from the on-sellers of BT.  Are you the owner?"
"The owner of what?"
"Pardon?"
"The owner of Tyne Bridge Morris."
"Tell me, what do you think Tyne Bridge Morris is?"
"It's a pub."
"Well, I have to tell you, much as it might like to be, Tyne Bridge Morris is not a pub.  Have another guess."
"According to our directory is it.  It must be a wrong number."
Seeing as it's a decade since I was a member, let alone an officer, of Tyne BridgeMorris, that's a helluva'n out of date and misinformed directory.
McChurch  At least they didn’t think you owned a bridge.
Drummerman  I’m told bridges are traditionally sold to the gullible, so there could have been an opportunity there.
 
See also


 

No comments:

Post a Comment