Monday 5 July 2021

My Bosom's A Wild Rover

In my previous blog I was going to put a link to TyneBridge Morris website where there are a few pages containing some stuff wot I wrote.  However the website no longer exists so I’ve had to prepare this from memory.  It is sung to the tune “I’ve been a wild rover”.

 

I’ve been a clog dancer for many’s the year

And my body has felt the effects of good beer,

But now when my clog hits the dance floor

My bosom won’t stay where it used to before

Chorus

So it’s off to Sadie’s

Sadie’s Ladies’ bra store

Sadie The Bra Lady

At her nearest store

 

When I was side stepping I found that my chest

Would go half to the East and half to the West,

While skipping just made me feel down in the mouth

As one headed North while the other went South.

Chorus

 

A nice lady took me to the back of the shop

And looked at my bosom while I had a hop

She said “We have just what you need in the store,

A thirty eight E in full impact force four.”

Chorus

 

I put on the bra and did a hop or three

And my bosom stayed just where it ought to be

They both moved together, but not very far,

In a perfectly fitted and comfortable bra

 

So hats off to Sadie

I will go evermore

To Sadie The Bra Lady

At her nearest store.

 ©Brenda Mary Boyd


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment