Sunday 25 July 2021

We're back & All's Well


Thunderthighs and I had a lovely time at the family reunion last week.
I’m touched to discover some people missed me.

I got back to find lots of people had started following me on Twitter  and then hopped over and visited the blog (Emojigate strikes again, the current follower count is 899!)

If you are one of those and visiting again Welcome, Bienvenue, Croeso, pull up a chair and make yourself comfy.

As I’m still catching up with the washing and gardening from a week away, and three weeks where every afternoon was devoted to Le Tour De France, today’s blog (and possibly the next few blogs) is one I might have posted last week.
 

From Facebook Archives …

21 July 2015 at 17:11 ·
Regular readers may remember a while back I was invited to a "MOT" by my GP and we had great fun trying to get blood out of me. Well, in the process microscopic amounts of blood were found in my urine.   Invisible to the naked eye: only found by dipstick at the first and second sampling (couple of weeks apart).  
I had to go to GP with another sample and be referred to Freeman Hospital.   
The sample I took to the GP was clear but it was "2 out of 3 so we've got to investigate".

So to the Freeman where they took more blood, urine samples, x rays and ultrasound.  

And then last Friday a nice Dr Mohammed (he was honestly really lovely and reassuring) had the dubious honour of inserting a camera up there to have a look around. 
"Would you like to see the inside of your bladder?"
"Not at the moment thank you."

Anyway, everything is clear, none of the tests showed anything in the least bit worrying; no growths, no stones, no infection, nothing that shouldn't be there.

Apparently I have a 5.5% chance of dropping dead in the next decade and according to one of the nurses, other than obesity and lack of exercise, am "As fit as a horse".

McChurch It seems to be considered clinically polite these days, when they whop a shuftiscope up you, to ask if you would like to see your interiors. 

"Bugger that" I told the endoscopy Nurse Practitioner last month. 
We both chuckled at the irony.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment