Saturday 2 June 2018

Tesco talk

Facebook’s “On This Day” just brought up this from 2015 …

Thunderthighs usually accompanies me on the 'big' shop and this week we had a lot of Tesco extra points coupons.  Once he'd got all those sorted he asked me 
"Can I get something for the weekend?"
A little surprised I enquired what he meant.
"Oh, you know, food and stuff for meals"

When he came back I asked him if he knew "something for the weekend" is a euphemism.  He knows what a euphemism is, but not what it was.
"Well in the old days when a gentleman had his hair trimmed on a Friday the barber would ask 'Would Sir like something for the weekend?'. It's a euphemism for a condom."
"Oh Gawd!" spat out with some disgust.

I'm not sure if he was more horrified at the idea,
or that I knew about it,
or that I was the one telling him.

A few steps then a very adult and husky
"Thanks for that Mum. I might have put my foot in it."

They never tell you about this sort of things in the baby books!

No comments:

Post a Comment