Thursday 23 May 2019

IT Hardware Technician


Facebook threw up this memory from 23 May 2015, nothing much has changed ...

I’m thinking of adding "IT hardware technician" to my profile.



I have spent most of this lovely afternoon setting up Fester’s (aka Grumpypants) new desktop pc and putting/switching preferred keyboards and monitors onto the computers used most by him or me.  I now have the oldest keyboard which is the sturdiest and has direct email and www buttons:  but, since the man with three degrees used to use it for writing papers, it has now lost most of the letters on the keys. Good thing I learnt to touch type.



And what do I get for my troubles?



Grumpypants "It's gone! Where's it gone?"

Me "Where's what gone?"

Grumpypants, waving vaguely at my old computer screen, "The thing that lets you look at your files!  The Windows Explorer thingy?!" meaning I suppose the shortcut button/icon.

Me (with decreasing patience and increasing incredulity) "It hasn't gone anywhere.  It's a new computer.  It's a new desktop.  So you have to pin it to the start menu and put up the short cut yourself."

"Where is it?  Where do I find it?"

Me through gritted teeth "Click on start and go into programs"

"But where is it?"

"Oh For Crying Out Loud! Get up, get out, let me be and I'll flaming well do it" (or words to that effect)



... and yes I know he's probably being deliberately technically obtuse so someone else will do it for him ...

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I laughed until I cried. I know very well. I love your patience and sense of humor. Also, I missed talking with you Mrs Eyre.

    Dr. Eli Patterson

    ReplyDelete