Friday 21 June 2019

Bug


Facebook threw up this memory of 21 June 2015 when answering the question “What's on your mind?”  I wrote


We all have a bug.

Ferretfingers went to bed at 9, woke me up at 4, when I put the cat out:  
he's complaining of a headache, his pyjamas are in the wash, and there's a cushion cover in the wash too.

Thunderthighs says he is feeling tired, has a muggy head and admits to having had "an explosive dump."

Fester is still in bed (having taken delivery of Father's Day cards and gifts) having tossed and turned all night.  I usually have to put up with snoring but last night we got talking too - through the cpap mask.  Unusually for him he was having bad dreams.  But since they were all about putting pits on maps, which is all he seems to think and talk about when awake,
a) no wonder
b) I have little sympathy.

And me?
Well the washing was dry when I had my first tour of the estate on getting up.  Then it got windy and started raining so I dashed out and got it all in before it got too wet (unaided and in dressing gown and slippers) and now the sun's out again.  I have at least two loads of washing in the offing and a pile of damp stuff to iron.
As well as playing Florence Nightingale to the men of course.

It's a great life if you don't weaken.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment