Tuesday 21 February 2017

Torture My Nights Two



In the last post I wrote about how in 2009 Fester was one of the scientists working on the EU’s Quality Low Input Food project involving a September conference, and about my delight at the prospect of quiet nights alone, with anonymised Facebook friends’ reactions (the spelling is theirs not mine).
Later on in the year and he had a cold …….

Fester spent last night snoring, coughing, talking and singing (!) in his sleep and moaning about bad dreams, being too hot and not getting enough sleep. Consequently I am nacked and not going to Tyne Bridge Morris practice. I've already taken Ferretfingers to get his ear wax looked at (it was black, olive oil drops for the next fortnight then syringing) and then have to take Thunderthighs to Woodlawn Awards evening.

Fester is sleeping on the chair bed in the living room tonight.

It's amazing what a half decent night's sleep can do. Fester slept on the chair bed in the living room so his snoring was just a distant rumble. I almost feel half human this morning.
Sandy try sleeping on a scout hut floor with him Aubrey + Geoff
Bentonbag No thanks - I think I've suffered enough

Gave up at 1.40 this morning and went to sleep on the couch. The fat bastard never noticed I was missing, mainly because I'm the one that gets up at 7 to sort the boys out for school and he doesn't get up 'til they're gone, so it made no difference to him. Maybe if I start out on the couch he'll get the hint and finally do something about the snoring/sleep apnoea.
Goddaughter you could get him those nasal strip thingies and see if he took the hint?
AH Oh dear, nothing worse than when they keep you awake with their bloody snoring! An elbow in the ribs usually gives a hint too!
TW there was an article in Sunday paper about an injection into the soft pallet that stops snoring. There is nothing worse than being kept awake by snoring you have my sympathy!
FifiD Loft room better idea.... Worked for Rick!!!
EW It's really getting to you now B - I can tell. I usually deliver a swift jab to the ribs of my slumbering lump and that tends to work for a while.
Sandy old wives tale; sew apocket in the back of his PJ top & fill with dried peas this makes it uncomfortable to lie on his back so he sleeps on his side in the recovery position
Sandy serious nursy advice see Gp these symptoms are treatable and may be of concern
AH Brenda, it's his weight. My dad and husband hav the same problem, the only thing that helps is lying on their sides. If they're overtired, they still snore when lying in this position.
May the force be with you x
Bentonbag He does lie on his side - usually facing me so I get the full benefit. He snores on his back, on his side, in the bath and I firmly believe if his belly allowed him to lie on his front he'd snore then too. His doctor is useless (took 5 months and a planned trip to Crete to get his knee Xrayed to find a chipped patella) and has said "oh loose a few pounds". However as he's never properly rested he gives himself a sugar rush mid-afternoon to keep awake enough to function, so the pounds don't get lost, and it's a vicious circle.
Goddaughter - you've seen his nose, where am I going to get strips to fit that?
Sandy - if I thought it would do any good I'd ask you to have a word (seriously, I'm not being sarcastic)
AH & EW - I regularly contemplate physical violence but fear I'd lose control and do something drastic.
Thanks everyone, it helps to share ...
Bentonbag Sorry, haven't finished ranting yet ...
He also falls asleep continually during the day - in the car, at the computer, sorting beetles, doing the crossword. So I not only get no sleep I have to witness him sleeping when I can't - which rubs the salt in really. Thank God he can't drive or operate heavy machinery or he'd be a liability. 
I'm sure sleep deprivation counts as torture under the Geneva Convention.
TW Change doctors - I'm being serious. You need to sort this. He needs referring to a sleep clinic. You can't carry on like this - you will be ill. Either that or wash your hands of him and put his belongings outside, at least he'd take you seriously then.
AH Z bed in the living room for him to sleep on........also he'll be up early doors to see your workload every morning with the boys!
TW Thats a great idea! She's right. If you sleep downstairs there are no consequences for him....go for it!
TW Whats the update on last night??
Bentonbag Not too bad - or maybe a glass of wine with tea and a tia-maria milk shake night cap helped
TW I'm sure they did but I hope that’s not a permanent solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment