Saturday 12 August 2023

Ooh Matron!

From Facebook Archives...
12 August 2022 at 14:51
Since Ferretfingers started taking part in their walking group I now go in to LDNE by 9.30 on a Friday morning to meet up with Emil there. It gives plenty of time to set up knit'n'natter and to just be there if things need signing (I'm a trustee) or anybody needs to chat.
The past couple of weeks one middle aged lady has been down because her dad has had a couple of strokes and is increasingly disabled. 
Today she told me he was in hospital because he'd been dementing and aggressive. He's in his 70s. 
I wondered about a urinary tract infection. 
"Is that a UTI?" she asked, having heard the phrase but no explanation of it. 
I said it was and it did affect older people's behaviour.
"Were you a nurse?"
"No, my sister was though."
"You should have been a nurse."
"Nah, too much like hard work ..."
"Well you talk like a nurse … No… you're more like a matron."
"You're only saying that because I look like Hattie Jacques."
"Yes"
Then she asked politely if I had polysistic ovary syndrome because I have hairy legs...
Woolerwoman  And she's worried about her father...?
Mrs Bursar   Just Wow! - take the hint and get the razor oot, Mrs!!
Henlady  Ooops, have you?
Bentonbag  No I just don't see the point of shaving my legs. If other people can't cope with me looking like a pit pony that's their problem.
Dicky Brown  Me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment