Sunday 6 August 2023

The Skunk Eye

From time to time Fester and I make (?used to make) the effort to go for a walk and/or have lunch together.

From Facebook Archives, a post written before I got involved in knit’n’natter on a Friday...

7 August 2015 at 14:15 
So, it being Friday, Fester and I go for a nice walk along Coxlodge Waggonway up to Paddy Freeman's, through Jesmond Dene and Armstong Park up into Heaton for lunch.
We pop into the newsagents on Chilly Road.
"Good morning my dear, it's a lovely morning" says the white haired Aisian proprietor.
"It certainly is" I reply.
"Yes, it is beautiful" says he "just like you."
At which point husband lumbers up to the counter with the Guardian and the prepaid slip and growls "Do you take these?"
Proprietor gives him the skunk eye and, transaction completed, we go on our way with a merry ‘Goodbye’. 
Mrs Poet  Skunk eye? 🌹 
Bentonbag  A term picked up from The Danny Baker on 5Live Show. I was going to say "gave him a very black look" but realised it could be interpreted unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment