Thursday 10 August 2023

"Runs in the family...

… like a wooden leg” as Mother used to say

From Facebook Archives
 
10 August 2011 at 19:44 
Today: 
Ferretfingers to Playscheme;
with Thunderthighs on bus to James Shoes for 12EE shoes;
then Newbridgestreet Bedding Centre for new mattress for Ferretfingers;
7lb of blackberry&apple jelly. 
Thunderthighs was 6'2" last time he was measured (sure he's grown since) 32" inside leg - 
I barely come up to his armpit.
Henlady  Who does he take after?
Bentonbag  I discovered last year that my Scottish grandad was 6'3". He died when I was 6ish and I can only remember him bedridden and/or in a wheelchair, so I had no idea he was so tall.  He must have been born in the 1890s (or earlier).   
My sister (12 years older) just dropped it into the conversation one day ...
Henlady  Well well another inch to go then!
Bentonbag  I'm betting on 6'4" by the time he's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment