Sunday 10 September 2023

God Save Us All ...

… from media overkill

From Facebook Archives
10 September 2022 at 10.46 
Ferretfingers is having a hard time coping with all the changes to the tv schedule.   
He spent most of last night in his room where he could go on channels that didn't have wall to wall monarchy.  Sometimes the only way to communicate with him is in writing.
While we're at it. Has anything else happened in the world?   
There appears to have been a news blackout.  I'd quite like to know what's going on in Ukraine, Russia, USA, Pakistan, China or anywhere else.  I know there's nothing much 
I can do about it but I'd just like to know if someone's about to drop a bomb on us.   
At the very least it would give me an excuse not to bother with the dishes, and drink all the sherry.
Miss Doozer  I've not switched the TV on since.  iPlayer radio was not much help either as it was literally just queen queen queen queen queen for 24 hours.  You spun the dial and it was just the same thing on every channel.
I am actually not ok with it right now.  I know there's got to be a king and all, but I am not really over the queen (she did a lot for lost causes and I think she was a good woman) and I don't really like the way the monarchy as a whole behaves (the duchies, the hunting and shooting, the taking money from dodgy individuals, etc) and I am going to the cricket this afternoon and they will play the national anthem and that upsets me too.
Because I am not yet over the queen.
And I don't know the words anymore.
Give Ferretfingers a hug from me.
Bentonbag  There are many verses. My mother's and my favourite is
"Oh Lord our God arise
Scatter her/his enemies
And make them fall.
Confound their politics
Frustrate their knavish tricks
On thee-ee our hopes we fix
God Save Us All"
and yes I know the second line has a weird rhyme - en-ur-mise?
Miss Doozer  Enurmise with the u sounded the same as the U in Engurland.
Anyway, rebellious Scots etc...
Woolerwoman  Fantastic writing.
Squireen  I am with Ferretfingers.  All the major broadcasters have multiple feeds.   
Why don’t they use the less popular ones?  People may then use them.
Paganess  I haven't got an issue with it on the day she died, after all, she had reigned for 70 years, even give time to King Charles speech and the funeral but, not the continued 24 hour coverage.
Doesn't really affect us as we very rarely watch terrestrial TV!
Mrs Lasagne  It’s so hard for our children to understand what is happening xxx

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment