Thursday 7 September 2023

Let Us Prey

After the demise of Matilda in 2016 we acquired Teddy, semi-feral from a stables.
Dominic (1981-1999) was my first cat, acquired on my 25th birthday, a black witch's cat, soft and stupid.
Scamp was a dog of mixed parentage.

7 September 2016 at 19:39

Teddy came in with a grey feather stuck to his whiskers so I went out to see what had happened.   
Now I've had cats kill goldfinch, sparrow, blackbird, thrush, mice, a rat and Dominic once brought home a low hanging blackbirds’ nest.  But even so I was quite impressed to find a dead fully grown pigeon at the end of the garden.   
Which explains how he fed himself before coming to us.
Drummerman  Scamp used to patronise the same restaurant.
Miss Doozer  There's something unidentifiable rotting next to the fence on our side too. I'm waiting until it gets to the skeletal stage before I try to ID it.  It looks like a frog, but then again everything in that advanced a stage of decomposition tend to look the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment