Sunday 26 November 2023

Cold Caller Baiting #27 Sky Scam

Two days in a row!

Facebook Archives
26 November 2021 at 09:42
I regularly get cold calls telling me the warranty has run out on my washing machine and how they are phoning to renew it.
Questions such as 
"Where did I buy the washer then?" or 
"What make is it?" 
go unanswered or with 
"We haven't that information" or 
"It's an automatic front loader."
And once, famously, "We can't tell you because that information is confidential under the Data Protection Act."
New one today 
"We're ringing to renew the insurance on your Sky television equipment."
"Well that will be interesting since I've never had any Sky television equipment."
Paddington  I like the one where they say your computer’s running slow/badly or whatever they say is wrong I ask them which one as we have 3 in the house. I'm usually greeted with silence.
Bentonbag  We have 3 desktops working in the office, another older retired one unplugged, 3 laptops and I've lost count of the tablets Thunderthighs and Ferretfingers have between them.
Ms Exlibris  When my mum lived at home, she had 3 different insurance policies on her very old Sky box because of these calls.
Drummerman  We find that talking about double glazing when they say there’s a problem with our Windows is good for a little innocent fun…

No comments:

Post a Comment