Friday 29 December 2023

Cold Caller Baiting #28 Not A Foreign Language


Yma o hyd!

From Facebook archives

29 December2021 at 15:48
Phone just rang. 
Long satellite delay.  
Eventually I lost patience, broke my own rule of not speaking first, and said
"Prynawn da".
"Hello maam this is Trevor from Microsoft" a male oriental sounding voice.
"Hello Trevor, beth wyt ti moen gyda fi?"
"What?  Can't you speaking in English to me?"
"Achos fod rhwy i dim yn ishe siarad Saesneg i ti."
"Why are you speaking in a foreign language to me?"
"D'yw Cymraeg ddim yn foreign language i fi bach, mae 'e yr iaith fy ngwald cartref."
"You know what you can do?"
"Beth?"
"You can f*ck off"
"Well you rang me sunshine, and I didn't ask you to, so you can f*ck off too, and then you can f*ck off some more."
He already had.
Rough translation available on request unless Tyle Bach, Tylefach Mawr or Mabmeistre want to do the honours in comments.
Mrs Quilt  No need, got the drift!
Tyle Bach  Brilliant xxx
Tylefach Mawr  Da iawn!
Birdfoodlady  I do love you Ben! Hugely well done!
The Late  Well done Ben
Cousin Daisy  Great command of Welsh and English vocabulary. Love it xx


Rough translation to save the monoglot English from google translate, and my imperfect spelling.

“Good afternoon.”
“Hello Trevor, what do you want with me?”
“Because I don’t want to speak English to you.”
“Welsh is not a foreign language to me pet, it is the language of my homeland.”
“What?”

 Still here.  Always here.  Here forever.

1 comment: