Thursday 21 December 2023

Unplanned Shopping Spree

This morning, having a sudden unexpected spare hour, 

I took the bag of rags, dead shoes and two paperbacks up to the St Oswald’s Hospice shop with the hope that they had some Christmas wrapping paper for sale.
Which they did.
But then, of course, I had to have a rake around and came away with:
    a hardback Trevor Wood novel
    a paperback Anne Cleves novel
    a blue cameo three graces brooch I spotted last time I was in and promised myself I would get if it was still there the next time I called.
    a tote bag
    and a very nice gift tag
all at half price.

It only seemed fair to pop into the Cat & Dog Shelter shop on the way home; where I found a very nice long red Welsh rugby fleece.  I’ve been wanting a new one for a while as my current fleece doesn’t cover my kidneys (as Fester is wont to say).   

This one comes down under my buttocks.

Happy Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment