Thursday 2 March 2017

Puttin’on the Ritz



From Facebook postings in 2009

In December 2009 my middle sister reached her 60th birthday and we siblings celebrated with tea at the Ritz.   It was hugely expensive but really worth it with gorgeous fancy cakes, brilliant service and wonderful surroundings - like being on the Titanic before the iceberg.

As usual with such events I went alone, leaving Fester at home to mind Ferretfingers and Thunderthighs.  To be brutally honest he prefers it that way and, apart from the loneliness of being the only one not in a couple, so do I.  I get a snore free night or two and there’s one less person getting irritated and flying off the handle to worry about.

Chatting about tea at the Ritz with Fester a few days later I said "Well it's not the sort of thing I'm going to do again"

"Certainly not with me" says he.

Who says romance is dead?

No comments:

Post a Comment