Monday 26 February 2018

Appointments



Every year both boys are invited to an Annual Health Review. 
Our GP surgery phones us and I arrange the appointments for them and put them on the family calendar, in the office.

Now Thunderthighs is over 21 and more independent I always consult him before booking his appointment so this requires two phonecalls; one where the receptionist gives me the possible dates and another when I ring back to confirm the one he approves.
 
Ferretfingers I just sort out as he is much less independent.

Due to high blood pressure and other ailments Fester also has regular doctor’s appointments; but with his own GP at a different surgery.  These he writes on his calendar in the kitchen.

Last week Ferretfingers had his appointment and all went well.

Last night I discovered Fester has an appointment with his GP this morning at 9.20.

According to the family calendar Thunderthighs’ appointment is at 9.30.

Problem.

Ferretfingers goes to a day centre on Mondays and is picked up ‘any time between 9 and 10’.
Looking at the snow flurries passing the window I reckon it will be closer to 10 today.
All of which makes it very difficult for me to accompany Thunderthighs to the doctors (his choice not mine) as there has to be someone in the house with Ferret. 

I’ve just phoned the surgery to explain we might be late.
“What name?” says the receptionist “No … I haven’t got him down for today … What is his date of birth? …. 
His appointment is on Monday 26th of March, not February.”

She was quite understanding really.


No comments:

Post a Comment