Sunday 18 February 2018

Cat tale



Facebook’s On This Day has thrown up this memory from 2014

Last night Thunderthighs was fussing about getting the cats in.
I heard an excited "No Matilda" from the hall.
Went out to find her on the half landing outside the downstairs loo with a mouse in her mouth and - yes - it was alive.
So of course she drops it and it scurries into the loo, which is tiny and doubles as cat-litter tray and boot room.
And could the bloody cat find it again?
I explain to Thunderthighs that we can't leave it in there ....
I take out the wellies and bag of cat litter
Matilda goes in and pokes at the mouse
Mouse scurries round behind the back of the loo and Matilda can't find it again.
I take out the litter tray, loo roll holder and other bits shoved there out of the way.
Matilda still can't find it
Mouse has wedged itself between Toiletduck and bogbrush-holder.
Fed up I fetch empty cereal box, stick it in front of mouse, it has the nous to scuttle in and I take it and throw it into the back garden.
Matilda spends the next ten minutes searching for it in the loo
I put the stuff back and go back to the telly.
Matilda comes in, gives me a very hard stare, then sits down with her back indignantly towards me
Throughout all this Thunderthighs has done nothing useful whatsoever.

                                                              Matilda RIP May 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment