Saturday 10 February 2018

Bake Off



I had the pleasure this afternoon of attending LD:NorthEast’s annual Bake Off; part baking competition, part fundraiser, part fun for families and friends.

I paid my £2.50 for entry, including tea and cake. 
I bought sweeties for the boys, a hand-made Valentine's for Fester and a strip of raffle tickets.
I won a box of chocolates (now consumed), a Lynx-for-her gift-set and ‘bath petals’ on the tombola and had a lovely hand massage with oils of lavender and black pepper.
I had my cup of tea and cake with some of the ladies from the Knit&Natter group and you couldn’t wish for better company. 
I chatted with the volunteers and staff helping out on stalls and taking part,
After the winners in the various baking categories had been announced I bought a couple of cheese and sundried tomato scones and came home.

I also shook hands on a challenge-dare-deal with Ms Poldark.
It’s a secret at present but if I’m still blogging on my next birthday (62 FFS!!!) then you’ll know all about it.

I spoke to Middle Sister about it on the ‘phone this afternoon and we decided I’ve definitely reached the age and stage where I absolutely don’t give a damn what people think of me.   To be fair, it's never been high up on my list of concerns.  Either people like you or they don't; and if it's the latter so be it, have a nice life and let me be.  In fact I suspect when some people realise you don’t care about their good opinion it puts them on the back foot.

I’m never going to be doing another job interview, or run for public office, so I can fling open the closet doors.  What skeletons there are in there are few and flimsy.

As our Uncle Laurie said, when he helped me prepare for university interviews in 1975, "It's a case of mind over matter;  if you don't mind, they don't matter."

No comments:

Post a Comment