Tuesday 29 June 2021

#Mumbai Surprise

Whenever I blog I share the link to friends and family via email, on Facebook and on Twitter.

When I tweet I put the link, then copy and paste in the text and go through deleting most of it until I just have the maximum number of characters and key words. Then I go through hash-tagging (#) the key words, keeping mostly those that are recognised by the hash-tag system.

Some people and organisations see and retweet hash-tagged tweets appropriate to their cause or interest.  For example any time I #autism or #autistic, it gets picked up and retweeted by some autism charities.

A few days ago in Fester’s Phone Manner I hash-tagged Mumbai.

Imagine my surprise to be notified that Mumbai News & Retweets@RetweetsMumbai had liked and retweeted my tweet.

According to its biography “@RetweetsMumbai  ReTweets from in & around Mumbai & are not endorsements, Use #Mumbai #Bombay for RTs RTs are automated we take no responsibility of the RT's DM for more info”

(DM means direct message)

I wonder whether any of Mumbai News & Retweets 2230 followers clicked on the link, and what on earth they thought when they got to and read the blog.

If so I feel an apology for any confusion or offence caused might be appropriate.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment