Wednesday 6 July 2022

Assertiveness

The RoyalSociety of Arts or RSA was the examining body for a variety of vocational skills such as typewriting (which included the layout of various documents) and audio-typewriting.
From Facebook archives.

6 July 2020

The pharmacist at Fester's GP practice has phoned about the blood pressure measurement they made him go in and do last week.

I have an RSA in audiotyping and this was the gist of his end of the conversation.  There were some short pauses whilst the pharmacist spoke, but I can't remember exactly where.

"Of course I was stressed.  We're in the middle of a pandemic.  You go into a doctor’s that resembles a prison.  You get a nurse that turns up who you've never seen before, who is incompetent, and a machine that doesn't work so she has to go and get another one, a cuff that doesn't fit.  I'm surprised it was as low as it was.  Everything is fine.   

I'm having no problem.  It's you lot that's kicking off about it.  She eventually took three measurements and they were going down all the time.  Travel to your Mickey Mouse practice is stressful.  Having to bash on the door to get in is stressful.  The measurement was taken under very stressful conditions and is a farce.  What do you expect?  Do you expect me to be relaxed?  The only way I shall be relaxed is to sit down with my own doctor.  I'm 68.  I am not a medical doctor I am a scientific doctor.  I know what I'm talking about.   The measurement is incredibly inaccurate and variable.  I am absolutely fine.  I've got my prescription.  If anybody in your practice wants to see me then I shall come in, but only if I can sit down with my own doctor, Dr M."

Remarkably restrained by his standards and no expletives.

As he said "If anybody's going to be assertive it's going to be me."

Mrs Leftfoot  Gosh.

Bentonbag  "It wasn't a rant, I was entirely lucid"  Who says a rant can't be lucid?
Miss Fiddle  The best thing to do to get accurate blood pressure readings is to buy a machine from Boots and record it every day before you get up.  Mum does this and her Dr loves it!
Bentonbag  He could keep it on top of his cpap machine.
Bazoukiboy  No expletives?  They seriously don't know the trouble they are in.  Please say he didn't call anybody Sunshine...
Bentonbag  No, that's pretty much it verbatim - not even a 'mate'.

No comments:

Post a Comment