Friday 22 July 2022

What We Did On Our Holidays

We’re back, and the laundry is mostly done.

During our sojourn down south Mrs Leftfoot, who had the dreaded lurgie, and I kept in contact via text messages.  I’ve transcribed some of them here as they give a good flavour of the holiday.

11/07/22

11.44  Mrs Leftfoot
I am still here.  Feeling slightly “abandoned” but don’t worry about me.  Realised it is somebody’s birthday tomorrow so please wish him happy birthday from us when the time arrives.  Hope you’re having a good time.  Your tomatoes will be missing you.   
It is SO hot.
13.14  Bentonbag
Just been on open top bus tour of the New Forest so there was a cooling breeze.  Car registered 29 degrees on the way down.  How are you?  Are you still positive?
21.21  Mrs Leftfoot
I’m fine.  Bit frustrated because I think I’m not quite right but I’m getting there.  Very hot here.  Probably do a short day of work tomorrow.
21.25  Bentonbag
24 degrees here at 9pm
 

13/07/22

14.00  Mrs Leftfoot
What lovely weather for the IoW.  One of my favourite childhood places.  Have Fester and the boys been before?
14.04  Bentonbag
Boys no.  Fester in 1966.  So hot we are lying in cold room watching Tour de France.  Barbeque at my friend DrE’s this evening.
14.07  Mrs Leftfoot
It’ll have changed a bit.  So will he.  Funnily enough Mr Leftfoot, who is still coughing continually, is also watching the Tour.

14/07/22

13.07  Mrs Leftfoot
Back working.  Still positive but fine really.  You all good?
13.10  Bentonbag
Doing trains and trying to stay in the shade.  Fester drank beer at the barbeque last night.
13.11  Mrs Leftfoot
Steady on…
13.12  Bentonbag
& he slept naked with no duvet.
13.14  Mrs Leftfoot
I am NOT recovered enough to be able to withstand THAT sort of information.
13.29  Bentonbag
He has just described himself as 
“A picture of pristine health and male beauty”.
13.34  Mrs Leftfoot
DrF is clearly in holiday mode (which is great to hear) and full of humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment