Wednesday 12 July 2023

It Never Rains...


Apologies for the long break in transmission.
Family commitments, being poorly, holidays and generally looking after myself and taking it easy means that there hasn't been a blog for a while, and now we're in the 'new normal' they're likely to be a lot more infrequent.  Also people are going out and about more and don't need something silly from me dropping on their virtual mat every morning. 
However.
Today has been one of those days, causing me to send the following email to Pearl, and not being one to waste any work I thought I would share it here.
⌨⌨⌨
Hi Pearl

Sorry to be so long replying to your text but this morning sort of blew up in my face.

First off Ferretfingers and Fester both have ringworm.

I saw something strange on Ferretfingers's left thigh in Bournemouth, and thought it was an odd sweat rash (it was humid!)

Last week at the farm he started scratching his left wrist; I thought something had got into his glove (he'd been shifting straw).
I also noticed Fester's wrist was looking red and odder than usual.
So on Monday afternoon, when Ferretfingers got back from the day centre, I sent them both up to the pharmacy.
The pharmacist diagnosed ringworm and gave them ointment to be applied three times a day, and twice a day after it's cleared up.

First thing this morning Ferretfingers had an appointment with the dental nurse, after which I was meant to take him to the day centre (no transport on a Wednesday).

The nurse asked "And how is he?  Is he well?"
"Oh he's fine; mind you he does have a spot of ringworm on his wrist and thigh."
She blanched, went off to consult with someone and came back apologetically saying "Sorry we'll have to reschedule, it's highly contagious."

So we went to Morrisons and Wilko on fruitless searches for the TV Times and bicarbonate of soda, then came home.

I left messages on the day centre’s voicemail asking if I could bring him in and got the reply "Yes."
I also rang Lakeside Pool to check if he could go swimming tomorrrow.

On our way out to the day centre I said to Fester "If the Lakeside Pool ring back take a message."

"But I have to go to the shops."
"Oh for God's sake I'm only going to be twenty minutes..."

Drove to North Shields.

Dropped Ferretfingers.
Halfway back to the Coast Road my mobile rings.
Stop and answer.
It's the lass from the day centre hugely apologetic.

The manager had just listened properly to my message and no, Ferretfingers couldn't stay because it's highly contagious.  He won’t go back until it’s gone.

Turn the car around, fetch him, come home.

While I was out the pool rang and said he can go swimming.

But I'm checking with LDNE once I've finished this saga.

Fester has taken him out shopping.

Two hours later than planned I've managed to make and add the blancmange for Thunderthighs's birthday trifle.

Anyhoo...

Mrs Leftfoot and I are planning to go to the dancing at the Cumberland Arms on Thursday evening, so maybe we'll see you there in the throng.
Apart from Tuesday and Friday I'm free for local coffee any morning next week.
 
And, just in case you were wondering, this is going to be made into a blog.

Love

B
xxx
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment