Sunday 16 July 2023

The Map Man

James Bond author Ian Flemming once said that novelists and other writers should buy maps wherever they went.  Ferretfingers follows this instruction.   
So much so that when Mrs Leftfoot’s daughter was visiting different cities last year to look at universities we were able to lend her paper maps to back up the ones on her phone.

16th July 2021 at 19:12

Next week Thunderthighs and I are going down to the South Coast for a family do, leaving Fester in Ferretfingers's care.   
I've just been printing out a googlemap of the town so we can get from the station to the Travelodge.
Then I had a brainwave.   
We've been there before and Ferretfingers is a map magpie.   
So I went downstairs and wrote a note (this works best with him)
"Ferretfingers, when we were in Bournemouth did you collect a map of the town?"
He rifled in the heap on the coffee table and brought out a Guide to Bournemouth and Poole, flicked through it and handed it to me open at the double page spread map of the area.  Not exactly what I wanted. 
So I next wrote.
"Ferretfingers. Did you collect a street map?"
He went to the back of the room, to the apparent chaos of the bookshelf, took down two boxes, removed something from behind them and brought me ... 
An A-Z Street Atlas of Bournemouth & Poole.

There are times when I could hang him up by his goolies but I have to admit, sometimes the boy's a genius.

Mrs Leftfoot  Always. Xx

Mrs Bursar   Enjoy your break. xx
Mrs Lasagne  Have a great time Ben xxxx
Mrs Quilt  I seem to remember there is a lovely art gallery on the cliff path that was an Arts and Crafts house. ?
Bentonbag  We saw the entrance to it, but it was closed for the day.  Looked interesting though (but probably not to Thunderthighs)
Woolerwoman  Hope it isn't too hot to venture out.
Henlady  Amazing and very interesting map finding. Love it. Have a good break. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment