Thursday 13 July 2023

Ringworm


Yesterday’s blog led to an interesting Facebook thread…

Miss Doozer  We occasionally get it on the yard and the reaction is always near hysterical.  It does spread like wildfire and the price of treating half a ton of horse.... Let's just say it ain't covered by the NHS.

Boil wash everything and sleep on Thunderthighs's floor until it clears up
Bentonbag  I have my own shower towels.
I've just taken Thunderthighs an easily identifiable different bathsheet for his own use until further notice.  He will be hanging it up in the loft to dry after use.
When I explained the situation to him he asked 
"Are you going to carry on sleeping with Dad?"
Sadly getting Fester and Ferretfingers to use and keep separate their bathsheets is beyond me.
Ms Marx  Blimey, Ben. Can't believe you've managed to batch up several thousand leaflets with all that going on too.
See you tomorrow!
Mrs Poet  And I misread ‘See you there in the thong.’
Bentonbag  It's the early evening so it will be just a thong at twilight.

Thunderthighs and I looked up ringworm on the NHS website together for information and reassurance.

I am still sharing a bed with Fester but using my own, separate, single duvet; any amorous advances will be rebuffed with even more determination than usual.
Both the afflicted’s bathsheets are washed and hanging out in the sunshine, and will be washed after every use 
a)   whenever the forecast indicates they are likely to dry before bathtime
b)   until they clear up

No comments:

Post a Comment