Thursday 12 October 2023

About Baileys

 

From the Facebook Archives
12 October 2013 at 11:58 
Tylebach - You know a while back I did a post about making blackberry sorbet? 
Well for supper last night I had a lump of sorbet with Baileys poured over and mushed in.
Gorgeous! 
And I slept all well too ...
Tylebach  Oh really?  Baileys over blackberries?   
I will have to try xx
Bentonbag  I'm beginning to think that there is no fruit or dessert that couldn't be improved by having Baileys poured over/into it.
Tylebach  Baileys with Southern Comfort is lush! xx
Bess Cavalier  Have you ever tried coffee made with Baileys rather than milk?
Bentonbag  No - but I'm going to!  I do make an 
ice-cold Baileys milk shake for a summer night-cap.
Bess Cavalier  When we're away with our Medieval 
re-enactment group we make it by the jug and pass it round in the evenings whilst sitting round the campfire.  When I want a cold Baileys, rather than pour it over ice, I get a melon baller and put a couple of scoops of ice-cream in it - doesn't get watery then as the ice melts.
😋😋😋
I adapted Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s raspberry and redcurrant sorbet recipe; well actually just substituted blackberries for raspberries and redcurrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment