Thursday 19 October 2023

Contrariness

This little one lasted years

Things are getting to be full of busy for the near future so here’s a contemporary one to be going on with…

Nokias are not what they were; this 'new' one is now playing silly buggers.
It keeps suddenly stopping and asking if I want to update its date and time, fades to grey and all in all can’t be trusted to operate.
Not what you want in a device you keep for emergencies.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm away with the Coven for the weekend, and have things coming up next week that people will want to contact me about.

Great timing what? 
 
All I want from a mobile phone is calls, texts and reliability.  A clock and calendar are handy things to have.  
I neither want nor need a camera (still or video), games or internet access.  
Today I'm getting another (cheap) dumbphone from Argos.
Hopefully the sim will keep people’s numbers when I move it across.

Ernie was good to me this month with three cheques landing yesterday morning.

Last night my loving husband got exasperated with my humming and hawing over the mobiles on the website 

"You're getting as bad as your sisters ... for goodness sake ... spend the money you won this morning."
I found a really cheap simple one (not Nokia) I liked the look of
"That's a tenth of what you won this morning. Buy it."

I've used my Nectar points.

No comments:

Post a Comment