Friday 24 March 2023

Mobile Moans

From Facebook Archives
24 March 2022 at 07:03
My little old Nokia has finally given up the ghost.
Took it out of my pocket last night - black screen.
Tried to turn it on - black screen.
Tried to charge it up - black screen.
So if you want to speak to me I'm afraid you're going to have to go old-school and use the landline.
I shall be off to Tesco ASAP to get a new one, let’s hope the modern version has a Rooster ringtone option.
Lablass  It might just need a new battery?
Bentonbag  I've only had it the twelve years ... and the keypad is held together with sellotape ... I think it's time to say goodbye
Lablass  haha, I think I would agree.  Enjoy phone shopping
Darklady  Beware Ben the new phones are Life Suckers.  It takes a whole load more ‘clicks’ to do any B.... Thing!
I hanker for my old Nokia!
Miss Fiddle  I think you can still get basic phones - I heard them referred to as dumbphones the other day - as opposed to smartphones!
a little later
Bentonbag  Well here they are my old and new mobile phones.
Simplest Nokia Tesco have £29.
It can access tinternet and has a camera, even though I want neither but I don't think there are any mobile phones that don't.
The 33 phone numbers that were on the old simcard have come across - the others haven't - but if you text or ring me I might be able to stash yours away.
All the old texts I was keeping out of sentiment, are gone with the old phone, just the ones I got yesterday are there.
And worst of all - NO ROOSTER RINGTONE! - I've had to make do with Nostalgia.
Not all progress is good
The FM radio is good though and the screen is bigger.
I've just discovered I can record and use my own voice as a ringtone! 
How egotistical can I be? 
Maybe I could get a recording of Fester saying "Answer the ****ing phone!".   
Pro:  people might think it was Sean Bean.   
Anti: it might be embarrasing on public transport. 
Thunderthighs thinks it's naff
Darklady  Not sure about a radio too much air time!  Must need constant Topping Up!  I’ve got a phone just a couple of years older than the old one & I’m still learning how to use it & getting Peed off with all the Trivial unnecessary tweaks!!  Yours looks way more Advanced than mine!
Miss Fiddle  FM radio doesn't use the internet, so no data being used.
Mrs Bun  Hubby's phone had one......recorded me and the kids shouting " dad your phone is ringing " 
📱📱📱
POST SCRIPT
That new phone lasted six month before dying.  
I went to Argos and now have another little Nokia 105 much like the old one.   
No internet or camera, thank God.   
Unfortunately useful features like a timer and stopwatch have been replaced with more games, the alarm clock tone choice does not include voice, and there is no Rooster ringtone.   
I have to make do with Urgent, a sort of American tv telephone sound.  
I’ve chosen a text tone which Fester describes as “like Tinkerbell f**king landing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment