Monday 27 March 2023

Bed And Bedding

Following on from yesterday’s blog from Facebook archives...

 
27 March 2013 at 19:34
The airing cupboard is now full.
I still have a couple of dozen pairs of pillowcases to put away somewhere though.
I've dropped some very heavy hints about replacing our low kingsize with a nice high double storage divan;  so much easier on the knees, and we don't need the extra 6inches for kids or athletics like we used to.

 🛏🛏🛏

We did not get a new bed.

The kingsize is a solid pine bed Phil bought when I moved in with him in 1986.

It has seen a lot of life, and will probably see a lot more.

Whenever any of the planks, laths etc have broken Will Fixit has repaired it.

Eventually I got him to raise the bits holding the mattress base up six inches making it much easier to get up in the morning. 

Coincidentally, and happily, I can now see my face in the dressing table mirror when sitting on the bed.

Modern mattresses are so much thicker or taller than old ones so replacing that helped too.

Around this time I mentioned in passing to Mrs Quilt that Fester and I were thinking of getting married.  The next time she saw me she said “I’ve started a quilt for you.”  So then we had to set a firm date, and invite her to be one of the witnesses, as we were keeping it very quiet.  The wedding party comprised her and Bazoukiboy as witnesses, Fetterfingers, Thunderthighs and Mr Quilt as photographer.

(Mrs Leftfoot may now make some comment about never being asked to be a bridesmaid.)

No comments:

Post a Comment