Thursday 30 March 2023

Wisdom Teeth

From Facebook Archives.
31 March 2021
Just back from a trip to the dentist with Thunderthighs.   
As I feared he has inherited my wisdom teeth, at least on one side.   The bottom left is growing at right angles into the molar in front of it, causing damage, so one or both will have to go.   
Fortunately I'd flagged up his autism and anxiety and the dentist immediately said 
"Oh I'm referring him to the Dental Hospital, and I wonder if the Molineux centre do gas and air sedation because he should have that for fillings."   
We know the Molieux rather well - I'm about to head off there with Ferretfingers to have his tartar scraped.  
Mrs Quilt  What a Trojan you are on behalf of your boys. Driving through and then parking in Newcastle fills me with dread. Hope the effort is repaid 100fold to ease Thunderthighs' anxiety. XXXX  
Miss Doozer  I had my wizzies out under GA at the old General. It was great. They gave me stacks of the good stuff and I was hammered for a week. Turned up at work on about day two and they sent me home again. Happy days x 
 
🦷🦷🦷
Post Script
We are still waiting for Thunderthighs’ appointment to have his cracked molar removed at the Dental Hospital.
In the meantime a brilliant and very patient young dentist has cleaned, polished, sealed and done three fillings on his teeth.  He was wonderful at keeping Thunderthighs calm, explaining everything to him before and during operations.    
I know because Thunderthighs wanted my reassuring presence in the surgery while he was in the chair.
Given my own phobia and horror of dental surgery that really was Trojan.

No comments:

Post a Comment