Wednesday 15 March 2023

What Chores

I see it as my duty as a mother, woman and (fairly feeble) feminist to get my boys to do their share of the household chores.

Whilst Thunderthighs does his own ironing, and regularly does the dishes without being asked, Ferretfingers is a harder nut to crack
From Facebook Archives 
15 March 2017 at 12:04
In Aldi this morning with both boys (long story) and Ferretfingers notices they're selling counter top fridges. 
He accosts a passing shop assistant 
"I want a dishwasher!"

#godlovesatryer

Woolerwoman  Has he stopped buying things on the internet?
Bentonbag Not sure - he's getting loads of catalogues and brochures through the post though.
***

This story reminds me of when Phil and I exchanged some chores for a while, with him taking over the washing up on the days I cooked.  Within a month we were in the Co-op Hypermarket buying a countertop dishwasher.

It lasted a few weeks short of seven years; during which time it did the dishes for his funeral and Ferretfingers christening teas.  As it was within warranty, and I still had the receipt, Sanyo paid me back the £90 we spent on it.  I'd only called them to see if it could be repaired, so that was a pleasant surprise.
Unfortunately the current layout of the kitchen, with a wall mounted boiler, means there is now nowhere suitable for plumbing in even a half sized dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment