Sunday 7 August 2022

Washing Up

From Facebook Archives
7 August 2017 at 20:06 

Ferretfingers can be persuaded to wash up if Mummy puts the cutlery and crockery in the bowl and fills it up with hot soapy water. 

However the glasses, mugs and cooking utensils are all still mine. Thunderthighs has promised to put everything away when it is dry; "sometime tomorrow".

Woolerwoman  It's a man thing Ben.  I used to ask my ex how he chose which things to wash - blank stare. 
Bentonbag  With us it's a sequence and safety thing - and the fact he will only wash what's actually in the bowl.  The sigh, when he's emptied the bowl of plates and I put in the next batch before he can get to the cutlery at the bottom, is deep and heartfelt.  
Also I like my glasses rinsed properly and he doesn't like hot running water that much. 
Woolderwoman  Well at least he's doing his bit. x 
Mrs Bun  Well he could be like Master Bun.   
The other day he emptied the washing up bowl, put some washing up liquid in, put the tap on and I thought "great he is going to wash up". 
Then he walks off and says "Make sure it doesn’t overflow.  It's ready for you to wash up"!! 
Well I suppose it's the thought that counts. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment