Saturday 27 August 2022

Apostrophe Query (language warning!)

Those of a delicate disposition are warned that the following contains industrial language.

Facebook memories threw this up this morning, it had not made it into the lockdown papers of my archives.

27 August 2020  
Sheamus Murphy, Ms Exlibris, Ms Telyn - These are my/our kind of people:
Mr Whyte  I love the attention to detail required for a "professional" work email!
Ernexdoor  Brilliant
Mrs Jeremy  Love this!
Mrs Poet  I am enchanted
Ms DC  I don’t give a fuck
Sheamus Murphy  Fuck fuck fuck fuck. Four fucks sake.
Tylebach  this is really funny xxx
Ms MD  What does it even mean?  For the sake of fuck? What or who is fuck?  But I agree, needs a possessive apostrophe.  I mean FFS, what's wrong with these people's literacy?
Bentonbag  My husband is reported to have once said "The fucking fucker's fucking fucked."
And I actually heard my younger son say to his brother "Fucking shut the fuck up you fucking fat faced fuck" - when they shared a bedroom and he was being kept awake.
I don't know where he gets it from ...
Sandy  The full quote: "I work for the University and I'm telling you, the fucking fucker's fucking fucked"
Bentonbag  Had he not worked for the University he might not have felt qualified to comment in such academic language.
Sandy  Bazoukiboy diplomatically intervened and led him away from the Policeman and the Ticket inspectors at that point.
Kingsmen Cameraman  I believe the original quote referred to a broken down Mini
Paganess  Only the most brilliant minds.......
Tylebach  Have you ever heard “I don’t give two flying fucks”? Xxx
Bentonbag  My mother used to say "I don't give a monkey's feather" and now I'm beginning to wonder ...
Ms MB  I blame Dr John Cooper Clarke for placing a different slant on the use of this word!
Kippa  For fucksakes omit the space.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment