Saturday 13 August 2022

Making An Effort

Ferretfingers is away on one of his biannual respite weekends.

Any friend hearing about it has asked “And what are you and Fester doing special while he’s away?”

I’ve reported this to him and he took the hint.

Early yesterday evening Fester, Thunderthighs and I drove down to Khans on HeatonRoad for an excellent meal:  our first meal out together in Newcastle for three years.

The young waiter was friendly and attentive, without being intrusive, and wise enough to realise I might like a Mango Lassi; something I’ve never tried before but will certainly have again.

I regularly comment on Fester’s dress sense.

As we were starting our main course he leaned into me and said, coyly, 
“I hope you’ve noticed I’ve put clean trousers on.”
“I have.  At least, I noticed the filthy ones you dumped next to the laundry basket.”
“And I’m wearing a clean shirt too”in his best aren't-I-a-good-boy voice.
“Good” indulgently
“But it’s not clean any more”…

No comments:

Post a Comment