Sunday 28 August 2022

"So Like The Homelife ..."


"... of our own dear Queen"

From Facebook Archives
 
28 August 2019 
This was me last night.
I'd had enough of Thunderthighs wandering about with a face like a smacked arse because he wanted to get the cat in and the man at No 17 "keeps brushing his yard" 
"What's wrong with that?"
"I don't want him to look at me funny." 
I won't repeat what I said but it was a combination of mind-your-own-business and grow-up. 
Then the internet kept going off (thunder?) so Ferretfingers kept going off on one too. 
Fester actually did nothing in particular but there's plenty in the back catalogue to keep the fire stoked. 
 
Mrs Leftfoot  Hope today is less frustrating. And hope Teddy came in after all. 
Bentonbag  It's not Teddy that's the dirty stop-out it's Felix.  Teddy's routine includes supper at 10.30/11 and he wouldn't want to miss that.  Felix came in at 11.30 when Fester opened the back door to see if he was about. 
Both cats are in today, wise in this weather. 
Mrs Leftfoot  I hope he was fully dressed. Fester, not the cat. 
Bentonbag You hope in vain - not even a dressing gown or loin cloth. The cat has a full fur coat. 
Mrs Leftfoot  Marvellous. I've suddenly gone a bit giddy...
 
The photo is from 2009, but expressed my feeling very well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment