Tuesday 9 August 2022

In The Soup

From Facebook Archives…

9 August 2017 at 17:08 
You know that expression "I wouldn't know him if he stood up in my soup"? 
Well I ordered fish soup at TheView and there was someone standing up in it. 
I'm not sure whether Ferretfingers was  relieved or disappointed that he ordered fish'n'chips. 
After lunch we plodged* down Longsands as far as Crusoe's and then back again. 
The tide was coming in and the wind was blowing offshore, pushing the waves back, making white horses which when they finally broke ashore got really deep really quickly.  
One second you're walking on wet sand, the next it's up over your ankles and the next up to your knees.
Exhilarating!

FiB  Looks like great food

Bentonbag  Also no piped music inside and sheltered outside seating if you need to get away from hubbub of people chatting.
Strawangel  Looks lovely B xx
Bentonbag  Ordering I asked the waiter "Is the fish soup like Chowder or Cullen Skink?"  He answered "Neither. It's chunky lumps of bits of fish."  He was right.
Strawangel  Delicious!
Bentonbag  First time I've eaten soup with my fingers!


 

*For those not au fait with the dialect: plodge is the Northumbrian word for walking through water.
My personal rule of thumb (leg?) is: up to the ankles is paddling,  ankles up to the knees is plodging;  above that is wading.

No comments:

Post a Comment