Friday 26 August 2022

Bus Pass Photo

or "With Friends Like (some of)  These..."

Today is the earliest I can apply for my senior person’s bus pass.  

Yesterday I had my photograph taken for it. As it’s going to be with me a long time (I hope) I made the effort to look neat and tidy.
I put the photo up on Facebook.
Here are some of my ‘friends’ replies…

Wooler Woman  Really lovely, congratulations.x

Mrs JW  A lovely photo of you Ben
Bess Cavalier   Ooh, you do look severe!
Birdfoodlady  You look like you're going to rap them on the knuckles with a ruler if they dare cross you! Bril photo!
Mrs Jeremy  Great photo, Ben - no one will dare to question you
Mrs Quilt  Hair up - good choice!
Mrs JD  Ha pension day. Happy birthday xxx
Bentonbag   4 weeks and 1 day to go until I qualify, but I can apply for my bus pass tomorrow.  I've half a mind to stay up until midnight and do it at a minute past.
Mrs JW  We are able to have our bus pass when we are 60 in Wales
Mrs JD  We get in Wales at 60
Bentonbag  Fester got his at 62years 3months.  Then they shifted the goalposts and I've had to wait until 66 - but you can apply up to 28 days before your birthday.  Shame is, it won't work in Wales or Scotland
McChurch  Hold on. Do I look like a bus driver? (Very smart, Hen)
Miss Doozer  That is an excellent picture. Though I feel a bit like I should be explaining why I was caught out of bounds at the café when I should have been in Double Maths.
Bazukiboy  Enforcer from the Dept of Magic?
Drummerman  I was thinking Rosa Klebb, but Dolores Umbridge would work…
Bentonbag  Seeing as Ian Fleming described Rosa Klebb as having "a bosom like a badly packed rucksack" I'm taking Umbridge!!!
Drummerman  I see what you did there.   Anyway, your bosom’s not in the photo…
Bentonbag  Mrs Leftfoot will be relieved about that.  
Mrs Leftfoot  What ARE you all on about? Ben's chest???
Mrs KW  Nobody will argue with you!
FifiD  Beautiful
Mrs Heath  You're not old enough for a bus pass xx
Mrs Lasagne  Well done pensioner x you did it
Bentonbag  Not yet, 28 days to go - if they cough up that is.
Mrs Walker  An important milestone!
Mr Mull  Carry on Matron!
Bentonbag  There is a passing resemblance to HattieJaques.
Mrs Banjoman  Damn sight better than mine
Mrs Banjoman  ha. mine was a very bad selfie.  Serves me right.
Bentonbag  One thing I learnt working in PR, it's always worth using a proper photographer.
Mrs Bursar  looking good, B. xx
Mrs EJ  You look very much in charge of the situation! Enjoy your benefits as I hope to very soon!!
Bentonbag  I seem to remember your birthday is just one day away from mine.
Mrs EJ yes 25th and you 24th?
Bentonbag  23rd so two days away, you can apply for yours on Sunday.
Mrs EJ   thanks
Sheila Spencer  You look very important (as indeed you are)
Tylebach  Bloody gorgeous xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment