Tuesday 30 August 2022

Coming Out

Ferretfingers’ routine includes a weekly swim and when we started to ‘come out’ of Lockdown the council required swimming sessions to be booked, and paid for, in advance.  As these were popular it was wise to do so as soon as possible, up to a week in advance.  Similarly with Thunderthighs’ gym sessions. Most people could do this online but I had to organise things by phone: Ferretfingers always has a carer with him, and Thunderthighs is just too shy.  It was as easy to do both in one phonecall.  I got on first name terms with the receptionists at the Lakeside centre.

It was a weird Tour de France that year as well.

From the Facebook Archives: the Lockdown posts

30 August 2020
I'm not feeling 100% and don’t want to go out so Thunderthighs, instead of sulking in his room, is taking himself to the Quayside Market!
Big cheers and smiles from his father and me.
Fester and Ferretfingers are going out to Morrison’s Killingworth.
I’m staying in – TdF starts in less than an hour and there must be something that needs ironing.
Also finally got through to Lakeside pool to book Ferretfingers' swim next Friday.    
It being Sunday I expected to get an answering machine, but got Wendy instead.  All booked and gym is to ring me back about Thunderthighs doing some sessions.
Mrs Lasagne  Sending love Ben.  It’s very weird times and I miss normality just plain old normal whatever that may be xxx
Woolerwoman  I know what you mean Ben and sorry you are not feeling well but after 7 days continuous rain, nothing is going to stop me scything some of the grass - I can catch up with the TDF later.
Glad Ferretfingers got sorted with swim etc and that Thunderthigs has taken himself to the market. xxx
Bentonbag  Update: the lovely Lakeside Wendy rang me back and we've now got a gym induction session sorted for Thunderthighs, next Wednesday 9.30

No comments:

Post a Comment