Friday 12 August 2022

Good Housekeeping

We have a fridge freezer and a chest freezer.

Yesterday being so hot, and the rainwater butts so low, I decided to defrost them both and put the ice in the rainwater butts as it’s purer than tap water.

First I put the contents of the fridge freezer into the fridge, turned it off and a little while later used a blunt flat ended wooden stirrer to remove the lumps of ice.

I replaced the contents and turned the fridge freezer back on.

The freezer bit wasn’t very full so I put some of the contents of the chest freezer into both it and the fridge before turning that one off.

It must be at least a year since the freezers were last defrosted so there quite an agglomeration of ice.  When I’d got it all off, and cleared the freezer of feral peas and bits of sweetcorn, I returned the home-made soup, pumpkin and apple purees, the blackcurrants and blackberries Fester has picked this year, crumpets, loaves and garlic bread.  The rest of the stuff stayed in the fridge freezer, including some things Thunderthighs had bought for himself.

When he came home (early because of the heat) I showed him what I’d done.

He looked into the chest freezer and exclaimed 
“Gosh!  The inside is actually grey.”

(It’s actually silver but whatever …)

No comments:

Post a Comment