Monday 29 August 2022

What Goes Around ....

Yesterday we went to Whitley Bay Green Beans Market to buy some bird food from Jool’sTable.   
Wandering around I paused to look at something and the (female) stall holder commented 
“Oh I do like your dungarees.”
I had to smile.
“The thing is” I said “These are the same ones I wore when I was pregnant with him” pointing at Ferretfingers
“I noticed they were back in fashion so I dug them out of the back of the wardrobe.”

They are light-weight denim and, to be fair to myself, they are on the tightest buttons. 
  
Photograph by Ferretfingers
I’m enjoying the current fashion of ladies wearing dungarees, especially the really colourful floral ones.
I’m tempted but 
a) too mean to spend money and 
b) fear I’d look like a chintz armchair.

 One of my earliest memories is of playing out in the rain in the garden at home wearing red dungarees and wellies.  Later, in my twenties, I had a pair of white and blue striped dungarees which I loved and wore until they wore out (or got too tight, I can’t honestly remember).

These ones are comfortable as they don’t constrict the waist.  They’re light enough not to be too hot on normal Summer days (or days in a normal Summer), but warm enough for the start of Autumn.  Sadly there are no back pockets, but I’ve picked two off Thunderthighs’ worn out jeans so that will be rectified the next time I get the sewing machine out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment