Wednesday 24 August 2022

Sheep Update

 


It’s become my habit to go and look in the open-sided sheep shed after delivering Ferretfingers at The Rising Sun Farm.  I like to keep an eye on the lamb named after me.

Regular readers may recall the surprise arrival of that little lamb as nobody knew the ewe was pregnant.  So much so the Farmers were suspicious that the tups were firing blanks.

I was delighted to discover, this morning, two little pens at the back of the sheep shed, each containing a ewe and a lamb.  The second ewe had also been pregnant.

I saw one of the farm lads and asked when the lamb had arrived
“Saturday, and it’s another ewe lamb.”
 
Also in the shed was one of the tups, who I assume might be the daddy.

 


In other news, although the storm Arwen traumatised hens are still confined to the brick built shed, the geese are out grazing and the ducks are out in their pen.

I defy anyone to look at a pen full of various and mixed breeds of ducks and not come away feeling more cheerful for it.

Whose the daddy?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment