Wednesday 29 March 2023

Marie Curie Collecting Hat

For a few years I regularly took part in street collections for Marie Curie Cancer Care. Sadly the unpleasantness stopped them and now my ageing bones and body and caring responsibilities mean I can no longer volunteer.
From Facebook Archives
29 March 2013
Thanks to Mrs Leftfoot for the new profile photo
Happy Easter
Ms Exlibris  You look like a cross between a diddyman and a nun!  I would give to such a yellow happy lady!  Happy fund raising.
Bentonbag  That hat is marvellous.  Not only does it keep one's head warm and dry (important at the top of Northumberland St) but people have given me folding money just for being daft/bold enough to wear it.
I got the coat for £1 at St Oswald's Hospice Shop.  You can get loads of layers under it and it's so long it keeps my legs warm and dry, nice deep pockets for gloves, phone, hankies etc.
The boots came from St Oswald's Hospice Shop too - £3
Ms Exlibris  Absolute bargains!
Mrs Leftfoot  Ben, you were a shining beacon on a cold spring day! XX
Bentonbag  One man in Sainsbury's last week said I was stupendous!
Drummerman  Are you sure that was the word he used?
 ðŸ‘’👒👒
More Marie Curie collecting blogs can be found at
If you’ve enjoyed this blog, please think about making a donation to Marie Curie Cancer Care, or buying something from their online shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment