Thursday 16 March 2023

SIMply Not On

From Facebook Archives
16 March 2021  
GREAT! Thanks to O2 insisting we all replace our SIMcards my mobile has now lost almost all its stored numbers.
The upside of this is that those numbers of lost friends I couldn't bear to delete are now gone.
The downside is, if I had your mobile number the likelihood is I don't now.
And of course in this digital age I have very few mobile numbers written down on that exceedingly useful material - paper.
So if you want me to have your number, please text me and I shall save it, again!
Ain't technology grand.
It sounds as if there's fireworks going off somewhere around here!
The good news is I haven't cleared out my text in/out boxes for ages so I'm gleaning loads of numbers from there.  I don't half text Mrs Leftfoot a lot!
Mrs Leftfoot  I'm honoured. X
Miss Fiddle  Could you put the old sim card back in and transfer the numbers from the sim card to the phone?
Bentonbag  If I knew how. Squireen has sent me your number.
Miss Fiddle  Great. I was about to pm you as I lost yours with my last phone change. Could you text me so I have it again?
Bentonbag  Yay! I found how to save the numbers to the phone.  It's "change type"! 
How on earth would anyone not find that!!!
Sheamus Murphy  I have my contacts on Google Contacts, so no problem in changing phones, and can also access from desktop PC
Miss Fiddle   But you need a smartphone to do that...
Bentonbag  The thing is with transferring the numbers onto the phone: which am I more likely to change soonest; the SIMcard or the phone?  Given the age and condition of the phone, and the fact I've had the same SIM for as long as I can remember, that's more likely to go first.  Then I'll have to get all the numbers back onto the SIM.   
Ain't technology grand!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment