Tuesday 7 March 2023

Firefox Update Upset

I was tempted to title this "Firefox Fuxup" but good taste prevented it. 
From Facebook Archives...
8 March 2013 at 21:32 
Has anybody else's Mozilla Firefox updated itself and then refused to move on from its home page? 
You put in an address, it tick-whirrs for a bit and all of a sudden nothing happens, 
the little egg-timer vanishes and you're exactly where you were all along. 
Any ideas as to why, and how to remedy it? 
I'm using Google Chrome at the moment and I may need to make it, or Internet Explorer, my default browser if Firefox doesn't buck its ideas up.
Mrs Quilt: Has Mr Quilt any ideas? 
And yes we've tried switching it off and switching it on again .... 
Drummerman  Worked fine for me (On a mac).  The usual windows cure (Apart from defenestration) is to uninstall and reinstall.  Google Chrome is fine, but I wonder about them using your browsing habits to pixelate you... 
Bentonbag  Oooo sounds enticing, I haven't been pixelated for years ... 
Drummerman  Nah, it's unpleasantly like being drunk. 
Bentonbag  As in TheHitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy "ask a glass of water" 
Drummerman  You got it.
 
Addendum For International Women's Day
You may wish to revisit this blog post 

No comments:

Post a Comment