Friday 3 March 2023

Quite Some Yarn

When Lockdown struck and a deep clean was demanded everything not nailed down in Learning Disability North East’s offices was shoved up into the attic out of the way.   
Two years later I decided to see what I could organise out of the chaos of knitting supplies… 
From Facebook Archives 
3 March 2022 at 11:23 
Yesterday, between dropping Ferretfingers off and picking him up again, I took myself up into LDNE's loft and sorted out the knit'n'natter stuff. 
I've found all the things we've made that are ready to sell on craft stalls or donate to the homeless or other good causes. 
All the teddies that need tittivating to be respectable are in one bag, and squares and rectangles with potential in another. 
All the Christmassy things are together (and any Xmas decorations and paraphernalia I came across shoved into a corner closet) as are all the different sorts of wool and yarn. 
I brought all of Canny Annie's packets of wool, the sack of wool and made up stuff from the downstairs cupboard and sorted them into the mix. 
Then I filled the woolsack up with balls to work our way through until we need some more. 
It took about four hours, and I've decided that there should be a special circle of hell reserved for people who don't tuck in the end of a ball of wool before putting it away so that it unravels and tangles with loads of others, but it was very satisfying. 
Every bag and box has what is in it written on it 
(the joy of a magic marker). We can see what we've got and there is now some space.
McChurch  Well, I absolutely completely and utterly promise faithfully that, should I ever find myself with a ball of wool to put away, I will seek expert advice as to how to tuck the end in before I do so.
Mrs Bun  I can see you are missing the PTA cupboard
Bentonbag  Like a hole in the head
To be honest I kept looking at the rest of the chaos in the room thinking "oh if I had the time and knew what was what ..." I mean if I can't get my house tidy I could at least bring some order somewhere else. 
Like the craft shelves and all the mystery black plastic bags .... It would probably stop them buying things they already have but have forgotten and/or don't know where they are.
Mrs Bun  Same here.  I could tidy anywhere else except my house xxx
Mrs Bursar  You could do each others??!! xx
Bentonbag  Oh God! Don't let Mrs Leftfoot see that, she'll be in like Flynn...
Mrs Leftfoot   Are you trying to say something???
FiB  If you need any pairs of knitting needles let me know as I have a collection that are more than could ever need, I could drop them off next time I am passing xx Kudos on your sort out.
Bentonbag  Thanks FiB but I also found more stashes of knitting needles than we could also use. My next target for sorting out is to bring all the needle stashes together and sort them into size and length and put them in pairs. It may take some time. I'm thinking of recruiting Ferretfingers into the task as sorting things is his forte.
Miss Doozer  People who use the end on the outside rather than the end from the inside are undertaking the Devil's work 
Labourlad  Sounds like a satisfying day. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment