Wednesday 29 March 2023

How You Ask Matters

From Facebook Archive
30 March 2022 at 11:05 
Sleet!
Effin sleet driving Ferretfingers to the Rising Sun Farm.
Bazoukiboy phoned and there's something wrong with the flat's roof which is causing water ingress and percolation and damp in the downstairs flat.  
So we shall have a grumpy Fester when I show him the forwarded text.
 
And can someone please explain to Fester the difference between
"There's nothing you want me to do before I go out, is there?" 
and
"Is there anything you'd like me to do before I go out?" 
or even
"Is there anything I can do for you before I go out?"
Basically the same question I know but the latter are preferable ...
especially when the enquirer is lying in bed whilst the enquiree has been up for the best part of an hour trying to get his offspring up and out.

Fed up and far from home, as Mother used to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment