Wednesday 22 March 2023

Blooming Bargain

Searching the Facebook archives for something for today I found …

22 March 2009 at 11:10 
My amaryllis is blooming for the third year running.

🌸🌸🌸
 
I bought the bulb in Lidl’s 2006 post Christmas clearance sale, planted it in a 6 inch teracotta pot on the sunny south facing front bedroom windowsill and watered it weekly.
She blossomed beautifully, one year producing two flower spikes.
In 2014 I moved her into a bigger terracotta pot with fresh compost.
I water her once a week with rainwater, once in a while with a drop of Baby Bio in the can.
I let her dry out around December and early January and start watering again when the new flower spike starts nosing its way out of the tangle of dried leaves.
She has bloomed every year and is about to do so again.

Seventeen Springs of pleasure from something purchased for less than a pound.

No comments:

Post a Comment